Friday, September 3, 2010

TED AND BRENDA SHARING "RESURRECTION"

I would like to thank Ted and Brenda for their kindness in sharing these pictures with me of the finished band sampler of "Resurrection"  and I wanted to share them here for you. Ted and Brenda are stationed at Ramstein Air Base in Germany, and he is a Air Force Chaplain there, they are the proud parents of two beautiful children. When "Resurrection" was released Ted fell in love with the design and of course Brenda his beautiful wife wanted to surprise him and stitched it for him. Ted and Brenda are originally from Knoxville, TN and were college sweathearts. 

Brenda being a homemaker and having two small children keeps her very busy, but she has always loves to cross stitch and her family is a huge supporter of her needlework. I really loved what she said when she was stitching this design, since it took her a year to finish it. She felt close to God and her husband Ted while working on it, so this piece has so many prayers invested into it while she was working on it. It  kept her company and occupied so much while her husband Ted was deployed to the AF. Now if pictures could talk, these do since you can see the big happy smile on Ted while holding his sampler with his beautiful wife Brenda beside him, also very happy and proud of her finished piece and making her husband very happy. 

Brenda stitched her piece on 32 count Lambswool with silk fibers. So thank you so much again for sharing these pictures with me so I can share them here. God bless you both and your beautiful children and hoping to see you back in the States next year. Brenda's best friend has suggested to her to stitch "And The Sinned" so she can hang it next to "Resurrection" so Brenda is thinking about it as a future proyect. Brenda has promised to share a picture of Resurrection when she has it framed.

On my side I wanted to say that my model hangs in my bedroon on a side wall by my bed and there is not a day that goes by that I do not take some time to read the verse and thank God everyday for all his blessings and our health. After reading it every morning I feel good and ready to start and face another day in my life. 

God bless you all, Vilma 

4 comments:

Juels said...

How wonderful!

Natalia said...

Vilma, this is beautiful work that Brenda did and a beautiful story. I do believe her when she says she felt closer to God while stitching it, who wouldn't? This is a beautiful design and one that I plan to stitch in the future. It will probably take me a lot longer than it took Brenda, though :-)

Alice said...

Lovely story Vilma and a beautiful design. Brenda did a great job stitching it.
Alice

astitchersheirlooms.blogspot.com said...

"Resurrection" is absolutely gorgeous! What a blessing is must be to wake up every morning and read the verse in it and be reminded every day how much we are blessed by God's benevolence to us each and every day.