Wednesday, November 4, 2009

BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR

This is Breast Cancer Awareness month and I wanted to share this story with you. This is my daughter-in-law Prudence, she was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 18. This year she celebrates 15 years as a breast cancer survivor. The photo was taken shortly after the completion of her chemotherapy.  She lives in Houston and every year she participates in the Walk for the Cure. She has been so blessed by God and yes miracles happen.

Prudence is the mother of  two of my grandchildren, Haven and Trinity and they live in Houston. I wish Prudence a wonderful 3 day journey walk, and that God keeps blessing her as a cancer survivor.

As for me I am on my 8th year Kidney cancer remision, I also feel so thankful to God for being there for me and for all his blessing and giving me the strenght to keep moving on, I have so much to feel blessed and thank God every night and morning for blessing my life with a new day, to do what I can do and mostly to appreciate my time with my dear husband, children and grandchildren.


2 comments:

Alice said...

Lovely photo of Prudence and I pray that she stays cancer free for the rest of her life. I keep reading articles about anti-perspirants provoking breast cancer as its stops the body from evacuating waste by blocking the pores. It does make one wonder why there is such an upsurge in breast cancer in women but I think contraceptives also play a role and the use of hormones. Lovely to hear your testimonials as survivors. A big hug to the both of you.
Alice

Anonymous said...

congratulations to prudence for remaining cancer free! (and for your 8th year of kidney remission!)

what a lovely picture of your DIL!

joann in tx.